So as you can see I've taken to update you all once a week. I do this on Wednesdays because we began waiting on a Wednesday, and it just seems appropriate to write on the weekly anniversary of our wait.
Lately, I've been trying very hard not to read blogs that pertain to Ethiopian adoptions because it only makes the wait more difficult for me. So I don't really know what's going on our there with the rest of the waiting community. I figure they are having as much difficulty as I am. Are you guys finding any excuse to call Mary? Or, are you all so patient that you don't even bother? Do you go into work meetings and forewarn everyone that, if your mobile phone should ring to please excuse you in advance because, you're going to HAVE to take the call? Do people ask you if you have heard anything every time they see you?
Anyway, today I called Mary to ask her what Celeste's immigration status would be. At one point I had asked her if her paperwork could be worked out from the very beginning to say her full name as we have chosen it. She asked the appropriate people in Ethiopia and, no. Her passport will say the first name we have chosen and Fernando's first and last names. We can change it later when we re-adopt. So my question stemmed from the confusion of the passport. I wasn't sure if she was getting a United States passport right off the bat. Well, it turn out she will have an Ethiopian passport and will come in with a green card. When we readopt, she will then have a California birth certificate and a Unites States passport. All that just to find out there's no other news she could give me!!!!