Friday, April 6, 2007

Home Study

Today we dropped Marina off at Luke's house (her classmate-whose mother was kind enough to help us; so that we could go to our home study appointment). We met with Kerry for about an hour and she went over the entire process. We are eager to get started with ALL the steps at once. Kerry said it should take about 8 weeks...some how everything takes 8 weeks. She said that as soon as we get all the information from Gladney we can get started with gathering information since we will probably need the same things for Heartsent, and there is no sense in doing double the work. I've made the appointment for my physical and we will be getting our fingerprints on Monday. As I was looking over the list of things we need, it struck me that we already have most of the documents needed.

On another note, I checked the Faulkner and Ethiopia or bust blogs, and they RECEIVED their REFERRALS!!!!!!!! I am so happy for them both. It seems it was about 7 months from the time they began the process. Wow! they are so fortunate to be nearing the finish line. I feel like I'm at the gym locker room changing into my gym clothes as they are changing into their street clothes.

2 comments:

Swerl said...

I found your blog from the Gladney list. My wife and I are adopting a girl from Ethiopia through CHSFS.

I blog at:

http://swerl.blogspot.com

I've added you to my blogroll. It's fairly extensive, in hope of strengthening the community of folks who are adopting from Ethiopia.

Amy said...

Ohhh, you guys will be changing into your street clothes sooner than you think! Thats great that you have most of the documents you need for the home study!! Things will all come together..... Yah!