Thursday, January 3, 2008

The festive season

Jamie sent me this beautiful picture of our Celeste Fenit. I need her home so badly. I know that this process has it's reasons, but when you are waiting to hold your little love, it is very difficult to have patience. I friend of mine sent me this article to help me put waiting into perspective.
Our family from NY came to visit this Christmas. Marina had so much fun with her cousins that when they left she was devastated. That night, in bed, she buried her face in her pillow and said "I'm in the depths of despair." Can you tell we've been reading the Anne of Green Gables series? It's funny, because sometimes I feel like she's not listening while I'm reading and then she comes out with something totally appropriate, from the books, to state her feelings.
It occurred to me that I have not posted any details about Celeste. Here are a few facts that might be interesting to my one reader: Celeste's birthday was stated as July 4th, 2007 (she'll get fireworks every year on her birthday). She weighs almost 18lb.! She is 25" long. And she has a big sister that can't wait to get cozy lozy with her.
Lastly, my congratulations to all those families out there that are getting their children, got a court date and/or had a successful day at court. We hope to be within your ranks soon!

8 comments:

Quinn Girls said...

Celeste is a sweetie! Wow, 18 pounds. She must be well fed. I hope to check on your little sweetie while in Ethiopia.

dwg said...

She is so precious. Those babies at Gladney eat well, don't they? She and our Nathan are just a couple of days apart and are almost the same size too. Funny! I hope you get word of a court date soon too.

Amy

Amy B. said...

Sorry...that was me! I forgot to sign my husband out first :)

Shelia Earl Photography said...

Samantha, I am Amy's mom and I read your blog faithfully (along with many other families that are adopting from Ethiopia). I have been thinking of you ever since you got your referral and checking your blog constantly to see the news. We are hoping for a court date for you very soon!!! so that you can go get little Celeste and bring her home. She is so pretty and so healthy. Will continue to check your news -- so keep up the writing. Shelia Earl (Skopje, Macedonia)

Lori said...

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. The outpouring of support from you bloggers is a lifeline.

Drew Carey Show said...

She gets more and more beautiful, doesn't she? And don't you worry, Zoe's right behind with the weight gain! P.S. I love that Marina is reading Anne of Green Gables, my all time favorite childhood series. I was so in love with Gilbert Blythe. Anyway, we're hoping that your court date comes quickly and that you'll be whisking off to Ethiopia in no time! Can't wait to get together with you girls again soon... XOXO Carey

Nicholas said...

Stunning!

Jim and Debbie said...

We are also waiting for our court date. Who would have dreamed the wait could be this hard after receiving the referral! Hopefully this will be the week we hear the good news that we both have court dates. Hang in there!
Blessings,
Debbie